Innovating, creating competitive advantage and generating values.
MDC works closely with operating companies and process licensors to accelerate development of new processes or enhance the performance of existing ones.
We help companies to create and secure competitive advantage by applying advanced process modelling approaches to facilitate decision making at all stages of development, based on accurate quantification of the options.Benefits
Our approach helps customers to:
How does it work?
- Accelerate Innovation by examining the design space and rapidly screening alternatives
- Manage the Associated technology risk by accurately quantifying the effect of design decisions and data uncertainty
- Verify and Validate designs in realistic, high-fidelity simulated operating conditions
Our approach to process development follows the model-based engineering cycle.
- A detailed, first-principles model of the process is constructed in a number of stages. Where appropriate, the model is validated against experimental, pilot or operating data – to accurately quantify empirical parameters.
- The validated model is used in conjunction with rigorous mathematical optimisation techniques to achieve design objectives directly – while taking into account design and operating constraints – without the need for trial-and-error iteration